- Although this book has a cute kitten on the front cover, it was not written for children. The stories have adult themes and would probably not be enjoyed or understood by anyone who isn’t at least 15 years or older.
- Even though the Christmas season is the back drop for these stories, the tales are not so much about Christmas as they are about the interaction and relationship between humans and their pets. The main focus is on cats and to a lesser degree dogs, but the reader could probably substitute any animal they care for and love into the stories.
- These stories deal with real life situations and therefore may touch the reader emotionally. This would explain why some have described this book using words like, ‘a tear jerker’ or ‘not what I expected’.
- I believe we can triumph from human tragedy, so don’t expect sad endings. My goal when writing this book was to have positive, life affirming and happy endings. Yes, faith plays a role in these stories, but it is not the primary focus.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you don’t have to be a pet owner or even a pet lover to thoroughly enjoy these stories. All you need is an open and caring heart.